Start by watching this Finally, Natural, Permanent Improvements
video. Dr. Hobbs tells for Neurobehavioral Disorders
about how his son had
Then, fill out the form below for the information-packed, complimentary video.
If you are looking for a reprint (or email-able) version of the article you read, here it is:
What is the Cause of ADHD, Autism, and Learning Disorders?
Has anyone ever told you?…
Maybe they said a chemical imbalance or genetics, or maybe they just told you what it wasn’t.
What if your doctor really knew what was wrong and the best way to fix it…How long would you say it would take to get your child well…or at least significantly improved?
6 months,…a year,…a year and a half?
How long have you known your child has had this problem? In that time, how much better are they? … Do you think that is the best approach to really getting your child better?
Some people respond significantly to drugs, but if you are reading this, I suspect you don’t consider that as really improved — but merely medicated into submission.
So, we are being told that 7% of our school-age children have brain chemical imbalances that require medication which they will need for the rest of their lives!?!
And now they are about to come out with a medication for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder! That’s one in every 121 children in developed countries!
I do NOT think local doctors are motivated very much by money when they make recommendations, but the SYSTEM sure seems focused on
pumping out the newest, best lifestyle drug that is the solution to all our worries.
What did you say the CAUSE was again? — a brain chemical imbalance — That seems the only logical answer one could give when the only recommendation is more and “better” drugs.
And what did they say was the cause of the chemical imbalance?…Oh, “not quite sure…maybe genetics.” I know what you’re thinkin’: “You’ve got to be out of your mind if you think I’m going to sit back and load my kid up on experimental drugs FOR THE REST OF HIS OR HER LIFE if you’re “not quite sure.”
Get our video to see the real causes and SOLUTIONS. We are part of a determined subset of doctors who are passionate and determined to seek out and apply the combination of natural solutions that have proven effective in dramatically improving this children by addressing the causes at their root levels. There is no charge for the video, and you are sure to enter a whole new world of understanding.
- Chemical / Nutritional
- Neuromotor Developmental
- Academic / Learning / Teaching – not thoroughly addressed in our facility
When you combine these three together well, amazing improvements can be seen. BUT, you must be committed, as a family, to address all aspects for the best results.
There are 2 ways we approach helping kids with autism and ADHD.
- Medical/Health care –
- Thorough sensory motor exam (as much as is reasonable with the child), and
- Nutritional testing lab work for deficiencies, toxicities, and food sensitivities. In this scenario, we often dig deep into the
- Neuro-Enrichment program – This program is typically limited to children with ADHD, and higher functioning autism. (The kids need
to be able to follow directions.) This assessment AND the program involve:
- Finding and ‘exercising’ of sensory and motor deficits (in a hemisphere and deficit-specific approach),
- Finding and correcting deficiencies, toxicities, and food sensitivities (using the Triad Profile by Metametrix)
- Academic/cognitive testing(using the WIAT test) and training that is hemisphere and deficit-specific
We provide more information on the Neuro-Enrichment program in our parent workshops. Teachers and nurses are welcome.
RESEARCH study: This is a pilot study (~100 children) going through a program dramatically similar to the Neuro-Enrichment program
we will be starting.
The effect of hemisphere specific remediation strategies on the academic performance outcome of children with ADD/ADHD.
Below you will find an overview of our approach to treating neurodevelopmental disorders
ADHD, Autism, and other Learning Disorders are not being diagnosed or treated adequately.
So, let’s fill in the gaps with answers:
How to locate the CAUSE of the symptoms and treat the CAUSE, not the SYMPTOMS.
These problems are common and Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and other Neurodevelopmental disorders starting in childhood and
many similarities, especially as it relates to their causes.
The CDC estimates that in 2006, 1 in every 110 children in the United States have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder. These children are 4-5 times more likely to be boys.
Autism and ADHD have MANY similarities at their core, and even in the categories of symptoms, but they are to a different degree at their core.
“Results indicated that oppositional defiant behaviors appeared the most important comorbid problems of ADHD, followed by autistic traits, and than followed by motor coordination problems, anxiety, and reading problems.(J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2009 Aug;37(6):793-804.)
Popular Recommendations are to “Take Drugs and More Drugs!”
AMER. ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS: Clinical Practice Guideline: Treatment of the School-Aged Child With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
Disorder (www.cdc.gov – ADHD and American Academy of Pediatrics)
RECOMMENDATION 1-2: Recognize ADHD is chronic. Set a goal.
RECOMMENDATION 3: The clinician should recommend stimulant medication (strength of evidence: good) and/or behavior therapy (strength of evidence: fair), as appropriate, to improve target outcomes in children with ADHD (strength of recommendation: strong).
3A: For children on stimulants, if one stimulant does not work at the highest feasible dose, the clinician should recommend another.
Is it any wonder that as of 2003, 2.5 million youth ages 4-17 years (56% of those with a [ADHD] diagnosis) were receiving medication treatment for the disorder. (www.webmd.com/add-adhd)?
This is of concern, because “The most important finding of this review is that signs and symptoms of psychosis or mania, particularly hallucinations, can occur in some patients with no identifiable risk factors, at usual doses of any of the drugs currently used to treat ADHD.” (Dept. HHS PUBLIC HEALTH
SERVICE – March 3, 2006 FDA Center for Drug Eval. and Research) Another study revealed the increased risk of suicide as major risk factor, with 80-90% of the children never having had any related issue before. (Dept. HHS PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE FDA Center for Drug Eval. and Research)
We have carefully demonstrated the true CAUSE of these conditions and how each cause could be helped.
- Sensory-Motor Problems — “…preschool boys with ADHD-C should be examined and treated for sensory-motor disabilities.” (Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2006 Feb;60(1):37-45)
- Malnourishment – “Malnourished children performed poor on tests of attention, working memory, learning and memory, and visuospatial ability.” (Behavioral and Brain Functions 2008, 4:31)
- Genetics that are modifiable
- Brain Imbalance – (Clin Neurophysiol. 2007 Jun;118(6):1286-90
- Functional Disconnection (in the brain) – (Biological Psychiatry 2010 (online) – accepted Nov 11, 2009
>> To prevent these problems and other causes from developing, see “The 10 Ways to Prevent ADHD and Autism“.
It is comforting to know that there are the simple, drug-free solutions to these complex disorders.
- Remove Irritants/ Toxins
- Restore Deficiencies
- Reduce Brain-Nerve Interference & Imbalance/Underdevelopment
- The research that shows that these treatments address the cause and are effective.
This is the way we DIAGNOSE the individual CAUSES in each person.
This allows for an individualized treatment protocol.
No two people are the same!
The diagnosis of the set of SYMPTOMS (like Autism, PSD, ADHD, Dyslexia) DOES NOT tell us what the cause is. Neither does it tell us what the treatment should look like.
(In the Neuro-Enrichment program, we do “assessments” and have “findings”, because it is not a medical approach.
THIS IS THE WAY WE Assess for the Individual Causes
◘ THOROUGH Developmental History (Pregnancy, Birth, Sensory stages, Motor stages, Diet, Stress, etc.)
◘ Functional Neurological tests (Sensory, Motor Strength & Coordination, Joint Motion, Primitive Reflexes, Eye Movement)
◘ Functional Lab Tests (see more about this) –
Here is greater detail about what exactly treatment looks like. That is, WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU TREAT THE CAUSE?
- THIS IS THE WAY WE Remove Irritants / Toxins and Restore Deficiencies
◘ Vitamins / Minerals
◘ Elimination Diets
◘ Breathing exercises
◘ Homeopathic Remedies
- THIS IS THE WAY WE Reduce Brain-Nerve Interference & Imbalance/Underdevelopment
◘ Sound ◘ Visuo-motor
◘ Vestibular ◘ Aromatherapy
◘ Aerobic Exer ◘ Light stim.
◘ Adjustments ◘ Tactile
◘ Posture / Core Stabilization exer.
◘ Primitive Reflex remediation
For more details on Brain Balancing, follow this link.
We incorporate all the most appropriate treatments for each individual.
Usually, we go through a course of treatment of 12 weeks
- Usually 3x per week of in-office treatments
- Reinforced by home therapy at least 1 time per day and nutritional supplementation at least 2 times per day.
Then, we reevaluate. This is an exciting time to take some objective measurements to document the real changes.
- We find: 1 – Complete resolution. (This is uncommon.)
- Or: 2 – No change – (This is uncommon.)
- Or: 3 – Partial resolution – (This is expected and common after 12 weeks.)
Based on the findings and your goals, we come up with a plan for the next phase
For more information and pricing for Assessment and the Neuro-Enrichment program, please sign up in the form below for the complimentary DVD, or you can simply call us at (559) 635-8266. You will find it VERY informative and I am sure it will give you hope.
For our health care-based treatment, information about costs are listed in the document below:
The Top 10 Ways to Prevent ADHD & Autism – listed in chronological order
There is no one CAUSE of ADHD or Autism. We do find strong correlations. This means that the potential cause and the resulting condition are often (sometimes, very often) found in the same people. Please don’t feel guilty. You did the best you could. The purpose of this is to give you the tools to help prevent this before it gets worse or happens to someone else.
- Take a good prenatal vitamin
- Prenatal Nutrition – Mom’s who do not take prenatal vitamins before and the first month during pregnancy are more likely to have children who develop autism. (See the Research at PubMed 21610500.)
- Limit your exposure to pesticides & maximize your ability to detoxify from pesticide exposure. (Watch the Detoxification video.)
- Prenatal Toxicity – Mothers living within 500 meters of (the more highly-sprayed) pesticide-sprayed crops were 6 times
more likely to have children with autism than those not near pesticide-sprayed crops. (See the Research at PubMed 17938740.)
- Practice Mental Relaxation throughout your pregnancy and during the child’s early years
- Stressful pregnancies and Traumatic births – Research shows a clear association (small, but significant) between mothers who had stressful life events during the child’s prenatal development and the likelihood of having ADHD and Autistic traits at 2 years of age. (See the Research at PubMed 2021833278.)
- Exercise Regularly and in Bursts
- Lack of Physical Exercise & Excess TV, & computer –A chemical necessary for proper brain connections is decreased in people with ADHD and increased with certain exercise (The chemical is called Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF.)). (See the research at Pubmed 21850535.)
- Overweight and Obesity –
- Absentee Parenting –
- Stressful lifestyles –
- Environmental toxins –
- Inadequate nutrition –
- Injury & Illness –
But why more cases; what is the cause? Why is there no good explanation or diagnostic test? These disorders are defined as neurobehavioral disorders. Most of the medical community and society in general think of these conditions in
relation to their behavioral components: ADHD – attention, Autism – communication & socialization, and Dyslexia – inability to read. If that remains our focus, solutions will continue to be elusive…
because these behavioral components are only the symptoms of the underlying condition.
These disorders are almost always seen with more than one of the following dysfunctions:
• Poor body awareness (spatial, proprioceptive)
• Sensory Processing Symptoms (Vision, Hearing, Touch, Smell, and Taste)
• Persistent Primitive Reflexes and Mixed hand, eye, foot, ear dominance
• Gastrointestinal problems & Poor Digestion; Food Sensitivities; Compromised Immune System
• Gross or Fine Motor Control problems; Poor Eye Coordination
• Poor Social Skills and Abnormal Emotional Reactions
• Academic and Cognitive Symptoms