Brain Health and Balance
Here are the 10 Questions taken from the Alzheimer’s Assoc. website(1)?
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
Wait a second here! This sounds like my teenager. Yes, and many of these 10 signs can be normal in older adults in small amounts or occurring infrequently. Go to the Alzh. Assoc. page to get more details. It is actually quite clear there. They provide the question, an explanation, and “What’s a typical age-related change? for every question”.
- – Alzheimer’s Assoc. website and 10-Q Quiz: http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_10_signs_of_alzheimers.asp